Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Recent Star Wars News
Welcome to Port Haven! We started as a refugee camp for homeless Star Wars fans. Now we welcome you to join our community. We discuss everything from the intricate details of the Galaxy Far, Far Away to many more general topics in entertainment, world events, and silliness.

Join Port Haven!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Star Wars Rebels; Disney XD Animated Series
Topic Started: 20th May 2013 - 10:32 AM (26,908 Views)
Lieutenant Aquarion Nieja
Member Avatar
我喜歡星際大戰、恐龍、樹精靈
Taking place in-between Episodes III and IV and coming Fall 2014.
Edited by Lieutenant Aquarion Nieja, 20th May 2013 - 10:33 AM.
”我已经有用了洪荒之力了!” - 傅园慧
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SwoopRacer
Member Avatar
Executive producer Greg Weisman brings with him a wealth of animation experience with credits such as Young Justice, The Spectacular Spider-Man and Gargoyles.

<XD <XD <XD :D :D
*The opinions of this member are wholly his own and do not reflect any credible or knowledgeable individual. Any advice given or received should be taken with a grain of salt. Any such advice, comments, or overall bluster that is taken to heart should not be as this member can and has known to be full of "it". Any advice you choose to take and winds up being unsuccessful, this member is not responsible or liable for. Any such advice that works in your favor, this member will take credit for humbly and will do a victory dance. You have been warned.*

The Jedi Rockstar
Member Avatar

so is this in place of the live-action show that never happened? I mean why must everything be freaking animated?!
-The ability to speak does not make you intelligent

Professor Jango
Member Avatar
Yup. That guy.
I mean why must everything be freaking animated?!

It's cheaper. I'd rather see an animated show that still matches the scope and scale of the movies than a live action show without the budget to make it look like what we've seen in the cinema.
‪Listen to me, Butterfly.‬
‪There is only so much wine‬
‪You can drink‬
‪In one life.‬
‪It will never be enough‬
‪To save you from the bottom of your glass.‬
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

YodaBauer
Member Avatar

No one is making a live action series until I can produce it ;)
Real love is never conditional.

Rancor Breath
Member Avatar
Don't Fear The Reaver
The action-filled series is set between the events of Episode III and IV -- an era spanning almost two decades never-before explored on-screen. Star Wars Rebels takes place in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape.

Is it crazy that I'm more excited for this than Ep. VII?

Ever since TCW started, I've been hoping for a series (animated or live-action) taking place between Eps. III and IV.
Edited by Rancor Breath, 20th May 2013 - 11:14 AM.
_________
Jayne Cobb on the chain of command: "It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

twittle
Member Avatar
Mr. Big Latin Words Man!
I mean why must everything be freaking animated?!

What is "freaking animation"? Does it have something to do with James Brown?
Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten...

Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

WildKarrde
Member Avatar
Cyborg Assassin
I'm okay with this. I'm not super excited or anything, but it's largely unexplored territory, which will allow them to do pretty much whatever they want. Provided they use original characters, I mean. The Clone Wars suffered greatly as a result of the fact that you knew what was going to happen to the majority of the main cast.

I kind of hope it's traditionally animated, though (in the sense that it looks traditional, not in that it's actually done that way, because none of it is anymore). I was never fond of the look of The Clone Wars. TV animation has come a long way, but it's still far beneath the standard.

I'd actually really like a Star Wars show with animation similar to Avatar: The Last Airbender, some combination of Western animation and anime.
The Artist Formerly Known as Thunder 1347

YodaBauer
Member Avatar

It certainly leaves room to see Ahsoka's fate. Off on her own somewhere Obi-Wan style, quietly helping rebels or something.
Real love is never conditional.

Rancor Breath
Member Avatar
Don't Fear The Reaver
Provided they use original characters, I mean.

I can see characters like Bail Organa and Mon Mothman being featured heavily in this series....maybe a young Jek Porkins. :p Depending on the time frame, Leia might be in this series. She was, after all, part of the rebel alliance and a traitor.

I just hope they leave Obi-wan and Luke on Tatooine and Yoda on Dagobah.
Edited by Rancor Breath, 20th May 2013 - 02:25 PM.
_________
Jayne Cobb on the chain of command: "It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Jey
Member Avatar
Forum Abomination
Bothans. Bothans everywhere.
"And when I saw only one set of footprints, the LORD said Sandpeople travel in single file, to hide their numbers."
-- Kenobi 19:77

The Skywalker
Member Avatar
It's always too soon to give up, and never too late to not.
I'd actually really like a Star Wars show with animation similar to Avatar: The Last Airbender, some combination of Western animation and anime.
What wouldn't I give to see something like that!
And this show can hopefully rewrite the origins of the Rebel Alliance. Never liked the one in TFU. Vader will be in this series too then!
This holds the potential to be soooooo awesome!

"How lucky you are, to have nine lives!"
"Nay, I'm cursed, to die nine times!"
- The Cat And His Man

super_redhead
Member Avatar

I'm really looking forward to this.

I just hope they leave Obi-wan and Luke on Tatooine and Yoda on Dagobah.

All of this.
END OF LINE

Professor Jango
Member Avatar
Yup. That guy.
I want this to be like Muppet Babies but with Star Wars characters.
‪Listen to me, Butterfly.‬
‪There is only so much wine‬
‪You can drink‬
‪In one life.‬
‪It will never be enough‬
‪To save you from the bottom of your glass.‬

twittle
Member Avatar
Mr. Big Latin Words Man!
I want this to be like Pigs in Space.

Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

Fez wearing Porg
Member Avatar
Formerly known as YodaPilot on the old forums. Future Port-Haven EMT, Port Haven Protector of Avatar-Related Jokes, 'Liker' of every last muthafuckin other post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAZhtT-dUyo
We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people all through our lives. And that’s okay. That’s good. You gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be.- 11th Doctor

Your past doesn't define who you are. Just gives you the starting point for who you're going to be.- Agent Carolina

Jorus C'baoth 2882
Member Avatar
Jedi Master, Warrior/Philosopher, Survivor of the Great Purge of 2011
I can't say that I'm excited about this news, but I'm not feeling hopeless either. ]:|
"It's always nice to meet new people and make new enemies." — Mara Jade

The Skywalker
Member Avatar
It's always too soon to give up, and never too late to not.
Rebels!Can't believe nobody has posted this yet :
"How lucky you are, to have nine lives!"
"Nay, I'm cursed, to die nine times!"
- The Cat And His Man

The Jedi Rockstar
Member Avatar

yeah but it'll be on Disney XD. I can't hope for much violence on that network. I'll still check it out though, this artwork looks incredible.
-The ability to speak does not make you intelligent

twittle
Member Avatar
Mr. Big Latin Words Man!
Hm. The artwork does look pretty good.

I raised my eyebrow at the following:

"first glimpse of a new iconic ship"

Seems a bit premature to be calling it iconic just yet. How do they know people will latch onto it like they have some other ships? ;)

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Star Wars Television · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: