Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Recent Star Wars News
Welcome to Port Haven! We started as a refugee camp for homeless Star Wars fans. Now we welcome you to join our community. We discuss everything from the intricate details of the Galaxy Far, Far Away to many more general topics in entertainment, world events, and silliness.

Join Port Haven!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Harry Potter; Films, books, candy spin offs...
Topic Started: 27th April 2011 - 11:27 PM (24,120 Views)
Jey
Member Avatar
Forum Abomination
With the first trailer of the final film out today, I thought this would be a good time to start an inevitable thread.

Here's the trailer (1080p looks fantastic).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcf6cwr9TnY
Edited by Jey, 27th April 2011 - 11:28 PM.
"And when I saw only one set of footprints, the LORD said Sandpeople travel in single file, to hide their numbers."
-- Kenobi 19:77
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rancor Breath
Member Avatar
Don't Fear The Reaver
Uh...yeah, that looks awesome.
_________
Jayne Cobb on the chain of command: "It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Jey
Member Avatar
Forum Abomination
A few WTFs though, at 1:09 especially.
"And when I saw only one set of footprints, the LORD said Sandpeople travel in single file, to hide their numbers."

Cerasi Alone
Member Avatar
don't need nothin' but a good time, how can I resist?
I love Harry Potter. :x :8}

I saw part 1 in IMAX, and twice in regular theatres.

I thought the 5th and 6th movies were awful, I didn't even finish watching the 6th. I was worried that the last one was going to be just as bad because they know they can make money off of it anyway, but I was very impressed.

I hope part 2 is just as good as part 1.

Remember this: Nothing is written in the stars. Not these stars, nor any others. No one controls you.

http://tardisdoorsopenouttheway.tumblr.com/

Jey
Member Avatar
Forum Abomination
I actually thought 6 was a breath of fresh air to the series. The previous had been montages of favorite points of the books, rather than a cinematic piece. They actually started working as films AND adaptations. I dug it.

Brandon
Member Avatar

"Let's finish this the way we started it, TOGETHER." /throws Voldemort off roof

Come on... really? :p

But otherwise the trailer looks amazing. Can't wait.

Tu®gon
Member Avatar
Forum Norwegian
Spoiler: click to toggle

:p

Gammaray
Member Avatar
"Radiating Awesomeness"
Im not a fan of Harry Potter. Although my son has gotten me into the Lego Harry Potter game and its doing my head in.....

Deleted User
Deleted User

The shot of the charm disolving from around the castle looks epic..
Quote Post Goto Top

Tu®gon
Member Avatar
Forum Norwegian
RW 
28th April 2011 - 03:53 AM
"Let's finish this the way we started it, TOGETHER." /throws Voldemort off roof

Come on... really? :p
It's funny because according to the 7th book, Voldemort can fly without using a wand, it's one of the things Harry is surprised by through his visions. So I see the following scenario play out:

Harry: "...TOGETHER!" *roofjump*
*Harry-death-plummets*
*Voldemort-flies-away-thumbing-nose-at-Harry*

Amazing Mayzie
Member Avatar

I believe he discovered that Voldemort could fly without a wand during the flight from Privet Drive, which already occured in part 1 of the 7th.

Grand Admiral Sean8
Member Avatar
太上天皇
I think David Yates is the best director Harry Potter has had both in his ability to capture the series' atmosphere and in his general cinematic skill.
"Now we must go. Think well on the things we have not told you, and remember what you have not been shown." - Gene Wolfe, The Book of the New Sun

祇園精舎の鐘の聲、諸行無常の響あり。娑羅雙樹の花の色、盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。おごれる人も久しからず、唯春の夜の夢のごとし。たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、偏に風の前の塵に同じ。- 平家物語

Tu®gon
Member Avatar
Forum Norwegian
Amazing Mayzie
28th April 2011 - 12:16 PM
I believe he discovered that Voldemort could fly without a wand during the flight from Privet Drive, which already occured in part 1 of the 7th.
Quite possible for the movies, but I don't remember about the book. All I know is that when he chased Harry and Hagrid on the motorcycle, he definetely had his wand out ("Avada Kedavra" in his heart), and so one could attribute that to some active spell, whereas later Harry was "inside" Voldemort and saw no active wand out. But that entire argument is a little nit-picky and pedantic. The main point of my post was that he flies wandless, and as such would be particularly phased by a tower drop. :p
Edited by Tu®gon, 28th April 2011 - 12:49 PM.

Amazing Mayzie
Member Avatar

Yes, but if you remember Voldemort's wand exploded in mid air and he didn't fall to the ground. This was in the book. It was the wand he borrowed from Lucius.

Tu®gon
Member Avatar
Forum Norwegian
Amazing Mayzie
28th April 2011 - 12:54 PM
Yes, but if you remember Voldemort's wand exploded in mid air and he didn't fall to the ground. This was in the book. It was the wand he borrowed from Lucius.
Did we actually see/hear Voldemort (not)plummet to the ground though? Because he could've (us not knowing he could fly wandless at that point) been caught by a death eater while Harry hung on for life to the plummeting motorcycle. Harry's attention was not on Voldemort at the time, so we wouldn't (at that point) know exactly how Voldemort got out of falling. Even if he fell, he couldn't die being immortal, so it would only hurt a LOT crashing.

My point - this doesn't prove that it was HERE Harry found out about Voldemort's wandless flight.
Edited by Tu®gon, 28th April 2011 - 02:27 PM.

The Jedi Rockstar
Member Avatar

I don't know what the deal is with harry and Voldy jumping off a ledge together....that wasn't in the book but maybe its just the director's way of making the final battle as epic as possible.
-"My Life, the war that never ends.."

Deleted User
Deleted User

That battle might be epic without that scene..
Quote Post Goto Top

Amazing Mayzie
Member Avatar

I'd wager that scene is going to replace the duel in the forbidden forest.

Tu®gon
Member Avatar
Forum Norwegian
Amazing Mayzie
28th April 2011 - 03:58 PM
I'd wager that scene is going to replace the duel in the forbidden forest.
But... don't we all wish to see dead-Harry-walking surrounded by shadow James, Lily, Lupin, Sirius, with NO explanation of how they are there whatsoever?

The Jedi Rockstar
Member Avatar

they already tweaked Snape's death ( so I've read) so who knows what the end product will be.
-"My Life, the war that never ends.."

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Literature · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: