Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Recent Star Wars News
Welcome to Port Haven! We started as a refugee camp for homeless Star Wars fans. Now we welcome you to join our community. We discuss everything from the intricate details of the Galaxy Far, Far Away to many more general topics in entertainment, world events, and silliness.

Join Port Haven!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Cast of Star Wars; General news and discussion on the careers and lives of Star Wars Actors
Topic Started: 11th April 2016 - 12:54 AM (2,961 Views)
Jey
Member Avatar
Forum Abomination
So, this isn't a thread for who has or is being cast in future Star Wars films. That thread can be found here.

This thread is for talking about what the cast of Star Wars is up to.

Films they're in talks for, interviews they've gave, their thoughts on the series or their careers in general, news about what they've been doing, and the occasional interesting or funny picture or post from their social media accounts.
"And when I saw only one set of footprints, the LORD said Sandpeople travel in single file, to hide their numbers."
-- Kenobi 19:77
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Solopirate
Member Avatar

I remember seeing John Boyega for the first time in 24 as the drone pilot.

Solopirate
Member Avatar

Daisy Ridley says she is going work toward a degree in education.
Edited by Solopirate, 11th April 2016 - 01:04 AM.

Jey
Member Avatar
Forum Abomination
I hate to start off with something bleak, and I don't really intend for this thread to become a gossip column, but just some news that was trending today, apparently Jake Lloyd has been in prison for the past ten months and was just moved to a psychiatric facility after being diagnosed with schizophrenia.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/star-wars-actor-jake-lloyd-moved-psychiatric-facility-article-1.2595377

Poor dude, I don't know why people would ever give a kid shit for the work they did on a film, whether they thought it was good or bad, but he's been given more than he deserves (which is none).
"And when I saw only one set of footprints, the LORD said Sandpeople travel in single file, to hide their numbers."

Jey
Member Avatar
Forum Abomination
Solopirate
11th April 2016 - 01:01 AM
I remember seeing John Boyega for the first time in 24 as the drone pilot.
Have you seen Attack the Block?

Solopirate
Member Avatar

No

Jey
Member Avatar
Forum Abomination
Solopirate
11th April 2016 - 01:05 AM
No
It's great. He's the lead. Here's the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD0gm7dHKKc

It's actually all on youtube for free.

Jey
Member Avatar
Forum Abomination
Daisy Ridley's birthday selfie.

Posted Image
Edited by Jey, 11th April 2016 - 01:13 AM.

Solopirate
Member Avatar

Most folks know by now that Oscar Isaac is Apocalypse in the new X-Men movie. Can't wait to see him in that role.

Jey
Member Avatar
Forum Abomination
I'm also super stoked to hear that Daisy is in talks to play Lara Croft. I've thought that franchise needed a proper reboot for ages now. Even having never played the games, nor watched any of the films, the premise is dope and she seems like a good fit.

Cipher
Member Avatar

Poor dude, I don't know why people would ever give a kid shit for the work they did on a film, whether they thought it was good or bad, but he's been given more than he deserves (which is none).

Fandom in a nutshell.

Professor Jango
Member Avatar
Yup. That guy.
If you don't follow John Boyega on Snapchat, what are you even doing with your life?
‪Listen to me, Butterfly.‬
‪There is only so much wine‬
‪You can drink‬
‪In one life.‬
‪It will never be enough‬
‪To save you from the bottom of your glass.‬
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jey
Member Avatar
Forum Abomination
I lol'd.

Posted Image

Jey
Member Avatar
Forum Abomination
John Bodega cast as lead in Pacific Rim 2.

http://deadline.com/2016/06/john-boyega-pacific-rim-sequel-star-wars-the-force-awakens-1201767756/

Jey
Member Avatar
Forum Abomination
Oh Mark.

Posted Image
Edited by Jey, 16th September 2016 - 09:18 PM.

Jey
Member Avatar
Forum Abomination
Not cast, but Colin Cantrell, the lead designer for the Star Wars starships in the original trilogy is holding an interesting AMA on Reddit today.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/54rjpj/im_colin_cantwell_designer_of_the_death_star/
Edited by Jey, 27th September 2016 - 06:14 PM.

rpm285sm
Member Avatar

I'm sure everyone has seen this already but:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/series/advice-from-the-dark-side

Jey
Member Avatar
Forum Abomination
Hope this was agreed upon between Fisher and Ford to reveal...

http://huffpost.com/us/entry/us_582b7588e4b0e39c1fa6b87f

No surprise to Celebration attendees though, Carrie has hinted heavily about it from the start.

EldawenEmileia
Member Avatar

I think I know what your link was for, because I've seen the story elsewhere already, but that link is now broken...

Jey
Member Avatar
Forum Abomination
them dog pics tho

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Star Wars Miscellaneous · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: