Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Recent Star Wars News
Welcome to Port Haven! We started as a refugee camp for homeless Star Wars fans. Now we welcome you to join our community. We discuss everything from the intricate details of the Galaxy Far, Far Away to many more general topics in entertainment, world events, and silliness.

Join Port Haven!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (WARNING: SPOILERS); Spoiler warning in 2017
Topic Started: 8th October 2015 - 02:26 PM (25,363 Views)
Why Dubs
Member Avatar
Lord of the Boards & Basket Ball Wizard
I know what you're thinking: "What? TFA hasn't even premiered yet! Heck, we don't even know what TFA is about! What are we supposed to speculate about?"

Valid points, but Lucasfilm stops for no one and there's already been casting news and even some scenes have been shot and I think that warrants a thread*

And if you think about it, once TFA hits cinemas it'll only be a year and a half before VIII has its May 2017 premiere.

So where are we on the Episode VIII news front?

Benicio del Toro confirms he plays a villain-ish character

Gugu Mbatha-Raw in talks for VIII lead - this story also seems to confirm the return of John Boyega and Finn

Oscar Isaac lets slip that Poe Dameron will return

Rian Johnson is seen filming on Ireland and Daisy Ridley and Mark Hamill happen to be there at the same time

JGL keeps asking buddy Rian if he's in the movie yet. Every. Single. Day.

595 days left. Plenty of time for speculating!

*actually I just wanted dibs on the Episode VIII thread

Lets all agree there is no scenario where the words "here comes the monkey" can fail to pump you up - John Oliver

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cipher
Member Avatar

and the rumor of Hayden Christensen returning for ep viii.

Professor Jango
Member Avatar
Yup. That guy.
They are also filming parts of it on location in Iceland if that tells you anything
(↑) (↑) (↓) (↓) (←) (→) (←) (→) (B) (A)

Cipher
Member Avatar

Maybe Naboo? Professor Jango, if have read the newest issue of Shattered Empire:

Spoiler: click to toggle

YodaBauer
Member Avatar

So does this mean Luke survives or that he will have a lot of Force Ghost scenes?
Real love is never conditional.

Cipher
Member Avatar

Or he is a clone. Duh duh duh!

twittle
Member Avatar
Mr. Big Latin Words Man!
It's not Luke. It will be revealed that there were triplets, not twins. Two identical boys and a fraternal sister... His name will be Fluke Skywalker.
Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten...

Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

Mainerd
Member Avatar
space nipples
I thought it was Luuke.
If love was cow blood, I'd be a slaughterhouse. -Pictures for Sad Children

twittle
Member Avatar
Mr. Big Latin Words Man!
Psh. I hate that name. There are several annoying quirks that exist in Zahn's writing, but the double-U is, I think, his biggest brain fart.
Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten...

Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

Professor Jango
Member Avatar
Yup. That guy.
What if the big twist in this film is that Kylo is someone's son as a way of echoing Vader being Luke's father?
(↑) (↑) (↓) (↓) (←) (→) (←) (→) (B) (A)

The Dark Moose
Member Avatar
Or not.
Zackly. I still think there's a strong chance Kylo is Luke's son. Like he couldn't kill his father, he now has the same dilemma with his son.

Or...Kylo is Han's son. Hmm. That would explain the nose.

"Do it."

~ Sheev ~

YodaBauer
Member Avatar

If Kylo has an obsession with Vader I'd assume he'd have either a strong respect or a strong disdain for Luke. Which would be intensified by a familiar relationship.

Real love is never conditional.

Mainerd
Member Avatar
space nipples
Leia is R2 and Chewie's son.

I hope they don't go down the EVERYONE IS RELATED road.
If love was cow blood, I'd be a slaughterhouse. -Pictures for Sad Children

Jey
Member Avatar
Forum Abomination
Teaser image for episode 8

"And when I saw only one set of footprints, the LORD said Sandpeople travel in single file, to hide their numbers."
-- Kenobi 19:77

Why Dubs
Member Avatar
Lord of the Boards & Basket Ball Wizard
Okay, TFA is out so now let's not waste anytime speculating on the next episode.

First point of order is to establish who is returning

Edited by Why Dubs, 19th December 2015 - 06:50 AM.

Lets all agree there is no scenario where the words "here comes the monkey" can fail to pump you up - John Oliver

storm
Member Avatar

love triangle between Rey, Finn, and Poe

with Finn in the middle obvs
Edited by storm, 19th December 2015 - 04:17 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

super_redhead
Member Avatar

:^O

All I want in the this movie is more Phasma. For realz.
END OF LINE

WildKarrde
Member Avatar
Cyborg Assassin
super_redhead
19th December 2015 - 05:36 PM

:^O
He is the most sagely among meese. ;)
The Artist Formerly Known as Thunder 1347

Fez wearing Porg.
Member Avatar
Formerly known as YodaPilot on the old forums. Future Port-Haven EMT, Port Haven Protector of Avatar-Related Jokes, 'Liker' of every last muthafuckin other post
utilized flashbacks, it's not entirely beyond reason

I can't see Ford agreeing to what happened to Han knowing that he would have to do two more movies, considering he wanted Han to die at the end of Empire.
We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people all through our lives. And that’s okay. That’s good. You gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be.- 11th Doctor

Your past doesn't define who you are. Just gives you the starting point for who you're going to be.- Agent Carolina

WildKarrde
Member Avatar
Cyborg Assassin
I do think Lor San Tekka will be reappearing in some way. Maybe as a Force ghost, maybe in flashbacks. It just seemed like there was a lot more to that character than the movie was telling us. I just don't know why you'd get Max von Sydow to play a character whose entire role was to hand Poe Dameron something and then get killed. Anyone could have played that part; why would you cast a living legend?

Otherwise, I obviously expect Episode VIII to focus heavily on Rey's training with Luke. What the rest of the cast will be up to is anyone's guess. I suspect everyone will be returning, since Phasma was the only character whose survival was ambiguous (and it sounds as though Kennedy confirmed she was among those who evacuated in time).

Really, my only prediction about Episode VIII is that it will be the best of the sequel trilogy by far, due to that whole Rian Johnson thing. ;)

(Though I'm hearing Johnson is writing Episode IX now? If true, that would go a long way toward resolving my anxiety about Colin Trevorrow directing.)
The Artist Formerly Known as Thunder 1347

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Sequel Trilogy and Anthology Films · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: