Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Recent Star Wars News
Welcome to Port Haven! We started as a refugee camp for homeless Star Wars fans. Now we welcome you to join our community. We discuss everything from the intricate details of the Galaxy Far, Far Away to many more general topics in entertainment, world events, and silliness.

Join Port Haven!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
BioShock Series; We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us.
Topic Started: 4th July 2014 - 02:43 PM (8,035 Views)
YodaBauer
Member Avatar

I figured I'd just start a thread so I don't keep cluttering up the last game thread.

I'm currently playing the first game for the first time on my computer. I'm enjoying this one so I figure I'll play the other two eventually but it might take some time. I know I can't play the third one until I get a new computer so that might really be a long time.

Anyway, you all can discuss the games as you like, I'll just be popping by to give comments as I play. I know the games are older, but it'd be super awesome for me if you could use spoiler tags :D :D But that'd be more as a favor to me. At least until I finish the first game. After that I'll avoid the thread until I get the second game.
Edited by YodaBauer, 4th July 2014 - 02:44 PM.
Real love is never conditional.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cipher
Member Avatar

Is your PC handling the game ok? What graphic settings do you play it on?
Edited by Cipher, 4th July 2014 - 02:48 PM.

YodaBauer
Member Avatar

My computer is handling it fine. The graphics look great! I haven't turned them down either.

There's a website for Mac Games that will do a diagnostic on your computer and it tells you if they'll run. My computer has better than minimum for the first game. Almost everything for the second game, so it's likely to run but might be slow. The third game probably wouldn't even download haha

Mainerd
Member Avatar
space nipples
Honestly, you could skip the second game entirely. :p It's not that great. Infinite is fantastic, and with the Burial at Sea DLC it wraps up the series so perfectly, I honestly hope they never make more. But they will. Sigh.
If love was cow blood, I'd be a slaughterhouse. -Pictures for Sad Children

YodaBauer
Member Avatar

Well, I could probably play the second one in the near future, but not the third, so there's that. :p Especially if I get the second one when it's $5 again. I'm less picky with a cheap game.

It says my operating system is a step too old, but I've been intentionally not updating it because I might lose other programs that can't run on the newer operating system. It's a long story. :p
Edited by YodaBauer, 4th July 2014 - 03:16 PM.

Cipher
Member Avatar

You can buy a good gaming pc for a good price, mac aren't meant for playing games.
Edited by Cipher, 4th July 2014 - 03:19 PM.

YodaBauer
Member Avatar

I don't game all that often. But I've considered getting a gaming computer at some point. Maybe once I have a steady income. :p

YodaBauer
Member Avatar

Anyway, where I'm at in the first game now. Just got the fire plasmid. Looking for the telekinetic one. The idea of catching and then throwing explosives sounds like a case of "YB is going to fail a whole heck of a lot". But that's cool. I'm trying to find the surgeon guy so I can get the key so I can get through a door so I can get Altas' family. (I think Altas is probably a jerk and he's making me come get him and is feeding me a sob story about his family because why would his family be kidnapped and he just now wants someone to go get them. But whatever.)

The menu claims that there's "Little Sisters" on this level and there's two icons. But I haven't seen them yet (besides cut scenes). I really am not excited to dance with a Big Daddy for the first time.

I'm keeping lots of save files in case I run out stuff I can just play back through.

Cipher
Member Avatar

You make it sounds like "YB's gaming diary". :p
Edited by Cipher, 4th July 2014 - 03:51 PM.

YodaBauer
Member Avatar

That's what this should be. :p

How do I buy a plasmid slot? I found the tk plasmid but accidentally got rid of my fire plasmid.

Cipher
Member Avatar

You have to come further in the game and find the "change tonic or upgrade machine".

YodaBauer
Member Avatar

I've been to a "gatherer's garden" where I'm supposedly able to but I guess it's not all of them. So then until such time as I can get more slots it's okay if I replace plasmids? So if I replaced my fire I can get it back? Is it better to hang on to fire or electric? (I can go back a save point.)

Mainerd
Member Avatar
space nipples
You can change them out at Gene Banks, I think. Fire is probably best at this point since you need to melt ice. And since you haven't gotten to the Little Sisters, you don't have any Adam for upgrades anyway. :0

I think Altas is probably a jerk
Racist. :p

YodaBauer
Member Avatar

And since you haven't gotten to the Little Sisters, you don't have any Adam for upgrades anyway. :0

I think they're in the side areas that the missions haven't sent me too and I'm too chicken to explore.

Racist.

I don't get this yet. :p

Mainerd
Member Avatar
space nipples
I don't get this yet
He's Irish, that's not really a spoiler. :0

I think they're in the side areas that the missions haven't sent me too and I'm too chicken to explore.
Some of them, yeah. The first one is part of the story, it's unavoidable. Most of the time I'm pretty sure they're optional, but you still need to get them so you can buy upgrades. But if not, Big Daddies don't usually fight you unless you fight them first, or if you get too close to their Little Sister.

YodaBauer
Member Avatar

He's Irish, that's not really a spoiler. :0

I know he's Irish! I don't get how I was being racist. :p

Cipher
Member Avatar

I recommend that you explore optional places. It's important for you to find those recordings because sometimes they include codes to rooms with ammo and first aid kit and other useful things.

Cipher
Member Avatar

How is your progress YB.

storm
Member Avatar

Keep us updated, YB.

storm
Member Avatar

YB, what the hell's going on out there?